Tuesday 3 July 2007

fvck fvck fvck

Busy few days in the UK.

Car bombs defused outside Tiger Tiger.

Burning car rams Glasgow Airport.

Suspect package at Stansted Airport.

Terminal 4 at Heathrow, which I'm due to fly out of in 18 hours, evacuated due to bomb threat.

Awesome timing. When I moved out here in August, the liquid attack had been foiled just days earlier, and passengers could only bring clear pastic bags of non-liquid toiletries on board. I miss the good old days when flying was fun.

Well, to be fair, I've never found flying particularly fun. So, I miss the good old days when you could get to the airport 20 minutes before your departure time and still have a chance of making the plane, when security and immigration queues weren't overloaded and understaffed, and when the whole experience wasn't tainted by logic-numbing paranoia.

No comments: